Studying in Sweden

What does it cost?

Tuition is free for EU, EEA and Swiss citizens. Students who are not citizens of the EU, EEA or Switzerland are in general liable to pay tuition fees. Check or BTH International Office website for details about fees.

All students need sufficient funds to cover your own living expenses (travel, accommodation, living expenses, course literature, and so on). If you need a visa to Sweden, you will need to prove to the Swedish Migration Board ( that you will have SEK 7300 per month during your studies (i.e. 10 months per year times two years). You can read more on the Migration Board website - and you should also note that SEK 7300 per month is a farily realistic minimum you will need to be able to live and survive in Sweden.

Swedish Migration Board (



Looking for Accommodation?

Together with the municipal housing company, Karlskronahem, BTH can offer assistance to international students who are admitted to Master's programmes at BTH.  See the International Office's website for more information.  The "Karlskronahem" municipal housing company's website (below) will also give useful information for prospective students looking for accommodation in Karlskrona.

International Office Website
Karlskronahem (




Share Share